The contest is open to all persons irrespective of age and nationality.
There are 2 categories:
• Youth Category: 15 years and younger.
• Adult Category: 16 years and older.
Both professional and non-professional cartoonists are allowed to participate in this contest.
The main theme is ‘Safety at work’.
This year, Amnesty International is offering a special prize to the best cartoon with the theme ‘Right to decent work’.
More information about the main theme can be found in annex to this document.
• The entries have to be submitted in digital format and shouldn't contain any explanation of the drawing.
• The entries have to be uploaded in JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi (2480 x 3508 pixels)..
• Dimensions include any passe-partout 21 x 30 cm (A4).
• Number of entries per contestant: maximum 5 submissions for each theme.
• You have to fill in your contact details at www.olensekartoenale.be (Click “Register”).
• You can sign up for participation from 1 july 2017 onwards.
• Winners will be requested to send the original drawings of the winnings cartoons.
• This should be sent to Community Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen, Belgium within 2 days after the request is made by the organization.
Prize-winning drawings will become the property of the organizer or theme sponsor.
The selected drawings may be used by the organizers to promote the contest and the village of Olen.
The jury consists of artists, cartoonists and laymen.
Decisions made by the jury cannot be challenged.
Selected entries will be considered for inclusion in a catalogue.
The authors of these entries will receive a free copy of the catalogue during the prize award ceremony or afterwards by mail.
The deadline is 10 September 20178 at 12.00 AM midnight.
The entry form can be found at www.olensekartoenale.be (Click "Register") where you can also upload your entries.
|Adult Category||Youth Category|
|1st Prize : 1500 euro||1st Prize : 200 euro|
|2nd Prize : 700 euro||2nd Prize : 175 euro|
|3rd Prize : 400 euro||3rd Prize : 150 euro|
|4th Prize : 300 euro||4th Prize : 100 euro|
Prize of the city of Bialogard (only for Polish participants) : 200 euro
Special prize Amnesty International : 350 euro
The prize award ceremony will take place on Friday, 9 November 2018 at approximately 20.00h in the council room of the town hall of Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen.
All contestants are welcome to the occasion.
Only the winners will be personally invited.
A selection of the cartoons will also be exhibited at the same address and can be visited on:
• Sunday, 11 November 2018
• All working days from Monday, 12 November 2018 till the end of December 2017:
|Monday||09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u 17.30 u – 20.00 u|
|Tuesday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
|Wednesday||09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u|
|Thursday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
|Friday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
In every job, in every professional activity, risks are involved. Some problems hardly have any physical impact but can cause psychological disorders. In other professions accidents with physical damage are hardly inevitable.
What if safety regulations are practised inadequately? Manuals are not observed? Carelessness and routine have the upper hand? Which consequences does it have for the materials which are used, the product, the construction, the project in general?