The contest is open to all persons irrespective of age and nationality.
There are 2 categories:
• Youth Category: 15 years and younger.
• Adult Category: 16 years and older.
Both professional and non-professional cartoonists are allowed to participate in this contest.
The main theme is ‘Litter’.
This year, Amnesty International is offering a special prize to the best cartoon with the theme ‘Everyone has the right to a suitable home’.
More information about the themes can be found at the bottom of this page.
• The entries have to be submitted in digital format and shouldn't contain any explanation of the drawing.
• The entries have to be uploaded in JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi (2480 x 3508 pixels)..
• Dimensions include any passe-partout 21 x 30 cm (A4).
• Number of entries per contestant: maximum 5 submissions for each theme.
• You have to fill in your contact details and upload your cartoons at www.olensekartoenale.be (Click “Register”).
• You can sign up for participation from 1st July 2023 onwards.
• Winners will be requested to send the original drawings of the winnings cartoons within 2 days after the request is made by the organization.
• This should be sent to Community Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen, Belgium .
Prize-winning drawings will become the property of the organizer or theme sponsor.
The selected drawings may be used by the organizers to promote the contest and the village of Olen.
The jury consists of artists, cartoonists and laymen.
Decisions made by the jury cannot be challenged.
Selected entries will be considered for inclusion in a catalogue.
The authors of these entries will receive a free copy of the catalogue during the prize award ceremony or afterwards by mail.
The deadline is 11 september 2023 at 12.00 AM midnight.
The entry form can be found at www.olensekartoenale.be (Click "Register") where you can also upload your entries.
|Adult Category||Youth Category|
|1st Prize : 1500 euro||1st Prize Belgium : 250 euro|
|2nd Prize : 700 euro||1st Prize International : 250 euro|
|3rd Prize : 400 euro|
|4th Prize : 300 euro|
Prize of the city of Bialogard (only for Polish participants) : 200 euro
Special prize Amnesty International : 350 euro
The prize award ceremony will take place on Friday 10 November 2023 at approximately 20.00h in the council room of the town hall of Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen.
All contestants are welcome to the occasion.
Only the winners will be personally invited.
A selection of the cartoons will also be exhibited at the same address and can be visited on:
• Sunday 12 November 2023
• All working days from Monday 13 November 2023 till the end of December 2023:
|Monday||09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u 17.30 u – 20.00 u|
|Tuesday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
|Wednesday||09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u|
|Thursday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
|Friday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
Litter is a global problem. More and more often you come across bulging garbage bags and litter lying around on the street. Often carelessly thrown away but also secretly dumped in a forest or canal, this rubbish tarnishes our beautiful planet. Fortunately, initiatives are increasingly popping up to combat litter and keep our planet a little cleaner.
Everyone has the right to an affordable and suitable home. But that is not obvious to everyone. This crisis does not only affect developing countries. In Europe, too, the housing market is a great frustration for many. Just think of single parents or people living in poverty.